Gerontology Practitioner Certificate
The West Virginia University School of Social Work Gerontology Practitioner Certificate is a multidisciplinary, continuing education-based program designed to extend the understanding of the process of aging and issues faced in this stage of the life course, as well as strengthen the skills of persons who work with older adults or who care for older loved ones. The program is directed at professionals and laypersons in West Virginia and surrounding areas and considers the unique problems and needs of older adults in Appalachia and other rural areas.
Gerontology Practitioner Certificate (GPC) Materials
- Annual Reporting Form (DUE JAN. 15)
For additional information or questions, please contact Jacki Englehardt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Upcoming Approved GPC workshops
- HHQI University Online Courses These courses provided by HHQI University are free. See a listing of GPC approvals HERE and find the reporting form HERE . Click HERE more information regarding registration for the courses. Browse the complete course catalog HERE.
- Social Work Today Trends and Practices Conference (Flatwoods, WV December 13-14). For more information click HERE. Click HERE register. Click HERE for GPC approvals. Click HERE for GPC reporting form.
- LGBT Issues & Aging (online course, October 15 – December 15, 2016). This is a self-paced course, enrollment accepted until December 1, 2016. Cost $85, taught by Lori Fell, MSW, MDiv. Approved for 6 Category I Social Work hours in WV (licensed social workers from other states, please consult your licensing board) and 6 Gerontology Practitioner Certificate hours (Psychosocial Processes and Mental Health in Older Adults). For more information and to register, click here.
- Dementia Care Training (Online) Open enrollment, participants can enroll at any time. There are three courses for this program; you can register for the courses individually or register for the full program. For additional information and to register for the course [or any portion of the course], click HERE. There is an additional CEU cost is $20 per course, or $60 for the full program. If you would like to mail your payment, please fill out our interactive payment form HERE . To pay online, please click HERE. This workshop has been approved for 34 GPC hours; for approval form, click HERE .
To view a listing of online webcasts for GPC credits through Geriatrics Lunchtime Learning click here.
To view of listing of approved archived GPC sessions click here
If you would like to receive upcoming notices regarding the Gerontology Practitioner Certificate, join our listserv by sending an email here.
The WVU School of Social Work offers a number of additional certificate programs. Click the links below to learn more about the Graduate Certificate in Gerontology, the Undergraduate Certificate in Gerontology, the , and the Continuing Education Certificate in Nonprofit Management* Updating Your Policy Toolbox: Aging, Retirement and Healthcare (online course, September 15-November 15, 2016). This is a self-paced course, enrollment accepted until November 1, 2016. Cost $85, taught by Mandy Weirich, MSW. Approved for 6 Category I Social Work hours in WV (licensed social workers from other states, please consult your licensing board) and 6 Gerontology Practitioner Certificate hours (Social Policy and Aging). For more information and to register, click here.