Spring 2015 Brochure is Here!!!
Click here to view the full brochure
Click here for registration form
Upcoming approved workshops sponsored by WVU School of Social Work:
Two-Day Training in Motivational Interviewing!
March 12th and 13th, 2015
Lakeview Resort and Conference Center
3.10.15 update – Psychology CE hours approved!
Please view the
for more information and to register
- The Wheeling Cohort of WVU School of Social Work is offering a free CE event in celebration of Social Work Month! Healing Connections: Helping Clients Tell Their Stories by Kimberly Lawless, MA, MSW, LGSW. (Tuesday, March 31 – 5 -7 pm at OVMC, Wheeling) Click on the FLYER for more information and to pre-register.
- “The Cherokee Word for Water” Film Screening and Dialogue with Producer/Director Charlie Soap (April 1st, 2015, 6-8pm, Ming Hsieh Hall, Morgantown, WV).* Approved for 2 FREE social work CE hours. Click here for more information.
- Rural Gerontology (online workshop February 15 – April 15, 2015). Cost $85, taught by Dr. Kristina Hash, Associate Professor, WVU School of Social Work. Approved for 6 Category I Social Work hours in WV (licensed social workers from other states, please consult your licensing board) and 6 Gerontology Practitioner Certificate hours (Aspects of Rural Aging). This is a self-paced course, enrollment accepted until April 1, 2015. Click here for more information and to register.
- NEW COURSE: Sex, Drugs, and Almost Rock and Roll (online) January 15- March 15, 2015. This is a self-paced course, enrollment accepted from January 12 – March 1, 2015. Cost: $85, taught by Lori Fell, MSW, MDiv, Program Director Persad Center, Pittsburgh, PA. Approved for 6 Category 1 Social Work hours in WV and 6 Gerontology Practitioner Certificate hours (3 hours Psychosocial Processses & Mental Health in Older Adults and 3 hours Physiological Processes and Health in Older Adults). Click here for more information and to register. Click here for a flyer
- Dementia Care Training Certificate Program (online, open enrollment, participants can enroll at anytime). $500 for full program (3 courses) or $199 per course.
Social Work has approved CEUs as follows: Course 1 – 10 CE Hours, Additional CEU cost of $20; Course 2 – 12-14 CE Hours (depending if Unit 1 is included), Additional CEU cost of $20; Course 3 – 10-12 CE Hours (depending if Unit 1 is included), Additional CEU cost of $20; All 3 Courses – 32 CE Hours, Additional CEU Cost $60. More information on the course and registration fees. CEU cost payment form.
If you would like to receive regular emails about upcoming continuing education events and job opportunities, send a request to join the Professional & Community Education ListServ.