Professional & Community Education (AKA “Continuing Education”)The School of Social Work will be scaling back our continuing professional education offerings later in 2017. Our focus will be on the delivery of the Summer Institute on Aging conference each June, along with 1-2 full day workshops per academic year, online workshops related to gerontology, and the continuation of the 2,900+ member Professional & Community Education listserv.
CHECK OUT OUR SPRING 2017 CONTINUING EDUCATION WORKSHOPS!
WE WILL NO LONGER BE MAILING OUT BROCHURES LISTING CONTINUING EDUCATION WORKSHOPS.
You can download a PDF version of our Spring 2017 brochure
. Register online HERE, and make then pay online HERE.
You can also upload our interactive registration form if you wish to mail in your registration form and payment. Payment must accompany registration form.
OTHER UPCOMING APPROVED WORKSHOPS sponsored by WVU School of Social Work:
- Implementing an Adolescent Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) in West Virginia and Surrounding Regions (March 24, 2017, 9am-4:15pm at the Holiday Inn in Martinsburg, WV. Presented by Ken C. Winters, Ph.D, Senior Scientist, Oregon Research Institute and Adjunct Faculty, University of Minnesota Department of Psychology. Cost is $75. Please register online HERE and then pay online HERE.
This workshop is supported by the partnership between IRETA and the Adolescent SBIRT project at NORC, University of Chicago as the National SBIRT Addiction Technology Transfer Center. Additional support comes from the WVU School of Social Work Integrated Mental and Behavioral Health Training Program and Professional & Community Education.
- Sex, Drugs, and Almost Rock and Roll (online) January 15- March 15, 2017. This is a self-paced course, enrollment accepted until March 1, 2017. Cost: $85, taught by Lori Fell, MSW, MDiv, Program Director Persad Center, Pittsburgh, PA. Approved for 6 Category 1 Social Work hours in WV and 6 Gerontology Practitioner Certificate hours (3 hours Psychosocial Processses & Mental Health in Older Adults and 3 hours Physiological Processes and Health in Older Adults). Click here for more information and to register.
- Rural Gerontology (online) February 15 – April 15, 2017. This is a self-paced course, enrollment accepted until April 1, 2017. Cost $85, taught by Dr. Kristina Hash, Professor, WVU School of Social Work. Approved for 6 Category I Social Work hours in WV (licensed social workers from other states, please consult your licensing board) and 6 Gerontology Practitioner Certificate hours (Aspects of Rural Aging). Click here for more information and to register.
- End-of-Life Care (online) March 15-May 15, 2017. Approved for 6 social work CE hours. This is a self-paced course, enrollment accepted until May 1, 2017. Cost $85, taught by Mr. James A. Keresztury, LCSW, ACSW, MBA, Mountains of Hope Cancer Coalition Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center, Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center. Approved for 6 Category I Social Work hours in WV (licensed social workers from other states, please consult your licensing board) and 6 GPC hours (2 hours Social Policy and Aging, 1.5 hours Ethics and Aging, and 2.5 hours Psychosocial Processes and Mental Health in Older Adults). Click here for more information or to register.
- Dementia Care Training (Online) Open enrollment, participants can enroll at any time. There are three courses for this program; you can register for the courses individually or register for the full program. For additional information and to register for the course [or any portion of the course], click HERE. There is an additional CEU cost is $20 per course, or $60 for the full program. If you would like to mail your payment, please fill out our interactive payment form HERE . To pay online, please click HERE. This workshop has been approved for 34 GPC hours; for approval form, click HERE .
If you would like to receive regular emails about upcoming continuing education events and job opportunities, send a request to join the Professional & Community Education ListServ.