Spring 2015 Brochure is Here!!!
Click here to view the full brochure
Click here for registration form
Upcoming approved workshops sponsored by WVU School of Social Work:
Two-Day Training in Motivational Interviewing!
March 12th and 13th, 2015
Lakeview Resort and Conference Center
Please view the
for more information and to register
- “The Cherokee Word for Water” Film Screening and Dialogue with Producer/Director Charlie Soap (April 1st, 2015, 6-8pm, Ming Hsieh Hall, Morgantown, WV). Approved for 2 FREE social work CE hours. Click here for more information.
- March 2015 Community Collaborative (March 6, 2015, Mining Academy in Beaver, WV). Event is FREE to attend, but it is ‘first come, first serve.’ We anticipate this event will fill up quickly, as there is limited seating. This event is sponsored by the VA Medical Center in Beckley, WV and the Vet Centers in Beckley and Princeton, WV and will cover a wide variety of important topics related veterans and services. This event is approved by the WVU School of Social Work for 7.25 social work hours. Click here for more information and to pre-register. Send pre-registration to email@example.com.
- Rural Gerontology (online workshop February 15 – April 15, 2015). Cost $85, taught by Dr. Kristina Hash, Associate Professor, WVU School of Social Work. Approved for 6 Category I Social Work hours in WV (licensed social workers from other states, please consult your licensing board) and 6 Gerontology Practitioner Certificate hours (Aspects of Rural Aging). This is a self-paced course, enrollment accepted until April 1, 2015. Click here for more information and to register.
- NEW COURSE: Sex, Drugs, and Almost Rock and Roll (online) January 15- March 15, 2015. This is a self-paced course, enrollment accepted from January 12 – March 1, 2015. Cost: $85, taught by Lori Fell, MSW, MDiv, Program Director Persad Center, Pittsburgh, PA. Approved for 6 Category 1 Social Work hours in WV and 6 Gerontology Practitioner Certificate hours (3 hours Psychosocial Processses & Mental Health in Older Adults and 3 hours Physiological Processes and Health in Older Adults). Click here for more information and to register. Click here for a flyer
- Dementia Care Training Certificate Program (online, open enrollment, participants can enroll at anytime). $500 for full program (3 courses) or $199 per course.
Social Work has approved CEUs as follows: Course 1 – 10 CE Hours, Additional CEU cost of $20; Course 2 – 12-14 CE Hours (depending if Unit 1 is included), Additional CEU cost of $20; Course 3 – 10-12 CE Hours (depending if Unit 1 is included), Additional CEU cost of $20; All 3 Courses – 32 CE Hours, Additional CEU Cost $60. More information on the course and registration fees. CEU cost payment form.
If you would like to receive regular emails about upcoming continuing education events and job opportunities, send a request to join the Professional & Community Education ListServ.