Kristina M. Hash, Ph.D.
Dr. Hash’s work has been published in the Journal of Gerontological Social Work, the Journal of Gay and Lesbian Social Services, and Geriatric and Gerontology Education. She is an expert trainer for the Council on Social Work Education’s National Center for Gerontological Social Work Education and was one of fifteen participants chosen nationally for the First Annual Institute on Aging and Social Work. She is currently an investigator for four geriatric education grants funded by the John A. Hartford Foundation and theDHHS/HRRSA/Bureau of Health Professions.
Her practice background includes positions in home health care, social work continuing education, and research and program evaluation. Additionally, she has been involved in several volunteer activities with community-based agencies serving older adults. Her experience as a caregiver for her grandmother was the driving force behind her interest in social work and aging.
Dr. Hash's website
- B.A., College of St. Catherine, St. Paul, MN (1990)
- M.S.W., Aging Concentration, West Virginia University (1993)
- Graduate Certificate in Gerontology, West Virginia University (1996)
- Ph.D. (Social Work), Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA (2001)
- Aging and health care
- Family caregiving
- Gay and lesbian issues
- Geriatric education
- Use of technology in teaching and research
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Understanding Human Diversity
- Introduction to Social Work Practice
- Research Methods for Social Work
- American Society on Aging
- Association for Gerontology Education in Social Work
- Gerontological Society of America
- Lesbian and Gay Aging Issues Network
- National Association of Social Workers
- Rural Social Work Caucus