Skip to main content

Aging Initiatives and Programs

The undergraduate and graduate certificates in Gerontology are housed in the Beatrice Ruth Burgess Center for West Virginia Families and Communities

Information about the graduate and undergraduate Certificates in Gerontology and an application form that may be used for either program may be found in the appropriate links below:

For additional information about the Gerontology Certificates, contact Dr. Kristina Hash. If you have questions about the Burgess Center, contact Dr. Karen Harper-Dorton.

The School of Social Work also offers a minor in gerontology. Learn more about that program by visiting